Follow along on Mark Neill's journey

 Follow along on Mark Neill's journey


  Welcome to Hero of the Week, a series sharing the stories of some of the best photographers in the Pexels community.


  After teaching English in Madrid, Mark Neal is moving back to San Diego, California to begin his marketing career – but he is also a talented photographer.


  From Germany to Iceland to Italy, Mark has been documenting his travels around some of the most scenic destinations in Europe and beyond.


  We chatted with him to know more about how he shoots his picturesque work.

  Pexels: How long have you been taking pictures, and how did you get started?


  I've always been interested in photography, but I didn't really start getting into it until all my friends and family were complaining that I wasn't posting enough photos of my trips to Europe.  So it's been almost two years since this happened.


  What camera gear do you use?


  I started with an iPhone 7+ (which is where all my Iceland photos were taken) but now I'm switching between a Canon Rebel T1i and an iPhone 11 Pro Max.


  That being said, I'm looking to upgrade to a new full-frame camera in the near future, probably a Canon 5D Mark II or Fujifilm XT30.



  What is your favorite type of photo to shoot, and why?


  I'm not really sure what it would be called, or if it even has a name, but something in between landscape and portrait.  A great example of this is my photo of monstera leaves at the Real Alcazar in Seville, Spain (shared below).


  What inspires your photography?


  Mostly, my friends, I have a friend in my house who is doing incredible things and has such a unique look.  You must check out his stuff, his Instagram is @_captianjackk.


  Tell us about a favorite photo on your Pexels profile.




  My favorite is definitely the one I took from the monsters I talked about earlier.  For me, the combination of colors and lighting is perfect.


  Plus, I've always loved the look of monstera leaves.  I've had it as my background on my computer ever since I took it.


  Who are some other photographers or artists who inspire your work?


  my friend Jack Antle whom I mentioned earlier, and more recently also Samuel Elkins


  What is one of your goals for your photography?


  Don't stop challenging myself in the craft and keep learning all I can.  More clearly, though, more portrait and possibly commercial photography is starting to come in.


  Pexels Heroes is our invite-only community of top photographers at Pexels.  Find out more and join here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christina Poxtite creates modern fairy

How to Get Your Photography Seen by More People

Health and fitness