Christina Poxtite creates modern fairy

 Christina Poxtite creates modern fairy-tale photos

  Welcome to Hero of the Week, a series sharing the stories of some of the best photographers in the Pexels community.

  Whether it's shooting nature in the woods or a sunset in the city, Christina Pockite's photos have a fairy-tale spirit, finding magic in everyday moments.

  Based in Tallinn, Estonia, Christina is currently on her second year of maternity leave, "exploring all the ups and downs of motherhood," as she tells us, and creating captivating photos.

  Pexels: How did you get started with photography?

  Christina: I started taking pictures in 2005 when I got my first small digital camera.  That was the era of online blogging platforms, and I really wanted to create beautiful photos to go with my thoughts and texts and that's how it began.

  What camera gear do you use?

  Now and for the past five years I've used my Canon 760d camera with a Canon 50mm 1.4 lens or a Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 lens, so nothing really fancy here.  And sometimes when I'm in the mood I take out my old film camera, which is a Zenit.

  What is your favorite type of photography to shoot?

  My favorite types of photography are lifestyle, portrait (especially self portrait), landscape and object photography.

  You can share a part of your or someone else's life through lifestyle photos;  Pause the moment to cherish those memories later in life.

  I love self portraits because they often depend on my mood.  I express my feelings through them: something I can't say with words.  When I do self-portraits there's usually no face in the picture, I don't know why, but I love it - a little mystery.

  Landscapes Because our nature is beautiful and I want everyone to see it, slow down, look around and admire it.  I really love sunsets and beautiful cloudy skies.

  And my latest obsession: object photography, because as a visual person I love all things and it's like a little game for me where I can de-stress.

  What inspires your photography?

  My photos are very much inspired by the music, and by the spirit of nostalgia, and by my mood in general.

  Tell us about your favorite photo on your Pexels profile.

  That's it now.  I love the colors, I love the memories that come with this picture and the whole fairy-tale-esque feeling that comes with it.  And a pinch of creep because there are no people there.

  Who are some other photographers or artists who inspire your work?

  No specific name is coming to my mind right now.  I often get inspired by browsing Pinterest.  I get ideas out there, mix them with my mood, with the music, and make something that's mine.

  What advice would you give to someone new to photography?

  Try Different Styles, Don't Tangle Too Much

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get Your Photography Seen by More People

Follow along on Mark Neill's journey